Definitions, Abbreviations & Prevailing Language
- For the purpose of the clauses detailed in this document, the following definitions and abbreviations shall apply:
"Hong Kong Brand Development Council", "BDC", "The Organiser"
Hong Kong Brand Development Council Company Limited
"CMA", "The Collaborating Organisation"
Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong
"CMAESL", "The Implementation Agent"
CMA Exhibition Services Limited
"Organising Parties", "we", "us", "our"
The BDC, CMA and CMAESL collectively
"Hong Kong Brand i–Directory" registration system and the information facilities for notification and publication
id.hkbrand.org, website of "Hong Kong Brand i–Directory"
Mobile Application of "Hong Kong Brand i–Directory"
Brand that has passed the assessment and is confirmed by the Organiser to have met the identification criteria on "Hong Kong Brand" and be eligible for registration with Hong Kong Brand i-Directory
"Users", "You", "Your"
Any person who accesses the Website and the App
- Changes to Website
Organising Parties may, without notice to you, add to, amend or remove any information from the Website, or alter the presentation, substance, or functionality of the Website.
- Amendment of Terms
- Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights (including but not limited to text, chart, image, photo, video and so on) subsisting in respect of the Website belong to the Organiser. The Website is copyrighted under applicable laws. Except with the permission of the BDC, you are prohibited to (including for commercial or non-commercial uses) reproduce, amend, disclose, distribute, publish or provide in any way any component of the Website to public.
You agree that the Organiser, Collaborating Organisation and Implementation Agent are free to use (including but not limited to reproduce, amend, disclose, distribute, publish, partially change or entirely change of contents), any or all of feedback (including ideas, concepts, and comments etc.) provided by you to us in connection with this Website without any payment and prior notice to you.
- User's Conduct
As a condition of your access or use of this Website, you agree and promise that you will not:
- Trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us;
- Transmit or upload any type of illegal content (including but not limited to fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, threatening and offensive information), advertisement (including but not limited to unsolicited commercial communication or engage in spamming or flooding) and any information or software which contains any virus;
- Use any software or material that contains a virus or programme which may corrupt this Website's data or detrimentally interfere with this Website or the operation of this Website;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website;
- Infringe or violate, or might potentially infringe or violate, any rights and interests (including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights) of the Organiser, Collaborating Organisation, Implementation Agent or any Registered Brand and company.
- Partial Invalidity
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The information contained in this Website is for general information only. Whilst Hong Kong Brand Development Council, Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong and CMA Exhibition Services Limited do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information.
- Whilst the Organising Parties endeavour to ensure the accuracy of the information in this website, we make no warranties, representations and statements (whether expressed or implied) of any kind in relation to the information, including any warranties, representations and statements in respect of the accuracy, completeness, timeliness and fitness for a particular purpose of the information. Organising Parties do not warrant that the information contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available is free of any virus or other contaminating or destructive components.
- Users are responsible for making their own assessment of the information and contents contained in this Website; users are advised to verify the information and the contents available through this website (e.g. by making reference to original publications). Such information and contents shall not be regarded as a substitute for professional advice; you should seek independent professional advice (including legal advice) relevant to your particular circumstances, before taking action on any matters to which information provided on this website may be relevant.
- The website may contain information, including content, advertisement, description of product and service provided by Registered Brand and the company thereof. The information on this website may not be regarded as any recommendation or endorsement (express or implied) by the Organising Parties for any purpose with respect to any person, product or service. Organising Parties accept no responsibility for or liability in respect of the information. Organising Parties are not and will not be a party to any transaction between you and any Registered Brand/Registrant. You acknowledge and accept that any dispute in relation to registration is unrelated to the Organising Parties and is solely a matter between you and such Registered Brand.
- In no event shall the Organising Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential loss or damages (including but not limited to loss of profits), howsoever caused, arising out of the use or the inability to use the information contained in this Website or any other matter related to this Website, even if Organising Parties have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
- Users may link from this Website to sites provided by others. The Organising Parties expressly state that they have not approved or endorsed the information provided by others on this Website or any other sites linked to this Website; and the Organising Parties accept no responsibility or liability (howsoever caused) for such information.
- You understand and agree that the use of this Website (including but not limited to browsing information, downloading file and transmitting message) is at your own discretion and sole risk and that you will be solely responsible for any risk damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such information.
- Hong Kong Brand Development Council, Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong and CMA Exhibition Services Limited care about the privacy of personal data and we understand our responsibilities to handle your personal data with care, to keep it secure and to comply with legal requirements. Under general circumstances, you can freely access this Website without disclosing personal data.
- The Organising Parties may collect various kinds of data from visitors to our Website, such as feedback (through visitors' email to us), application (via online applications form) and site usage information (by cookies), and etc.
- All personal data will be kept confidential and the Organising Parties are committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).